15.2.12

Cannon's big day


Poor Cannon had to go to the surgical center and get some dental work done. He ended up having 3 teeth pulled, 1 baby root canal, and 2 cavities filled.  He was the bravest boy though and went along with it just fine. This is a picture of him getting out of the van ready to go get his work done.

Cannon's Aunt Colleen made him the "Cannon Super Star" shirt he is wearing. She also brought over some coloring books and crayons so he had something to do while waiting to go into surgery. (They saved us by the way. Thanks again Colleen!)

Here he is getting kinda nervous but still being so brave.

Here he is watching TV.
Cannon was starving because he had to be fasting for 8 hours before they could put him to sleep. He had a few melt-downs from being so hungry but for the most part was a champ.

He loved being in charge of the channel changer.

Making funny faces to pass the time.

He said he wants a mustache.



Just like his dad. What a good look for Clint! Right?


Here is Cannon all dressed and about to go into surgery. They gave him some medicine to make him really droopy before taking him back. I think they took too long taking him back because right when the doctor walked in he started freaking out. He didn't want to go back and wanted his funny clothes off!! They had to pick him up and carry him back. He was screaming "MAMA"!! I had to turn and go into the waiting room. It about broke my heart. I could tell they had some trouble getting the IV in him because he had bruises on both hands. They finally got it in his foot though. When he woke up from the surgery about an hour later, he was so sad. I loved up to him and he was able to calm down. He was still upset about being in the little surgical gown and said"I want my clothes back on!" We changed him back into his normal clothes and the world became round again. Daddy carried him to the van and sat next to him on the way home. When we got home, all he wanted to do was watch TV. We laid him down on the couch and 2 minutes later he was asleep. He slept for almost 2 hours. It was nice because by then his numbness went down and he could try and eat soft foods. I am so glad this is behind us, I do not like seeing my kids in so much pain. I'm grateful for each and one of their healthy bodies and pray for them each day to stay healthy!

No comments: